From the imperial grandeur of the Summer Palace in Beijing to a quaint, picturesque village on the outskirts of Hangzhou, ‘The Palace and a Village’ offers two unique resorts from which to discover China’s historic wonders and natural beauty.
Just steps from the East Gate of the Summer Palace grounds lies Aman at Summer Palace — the ideal location from which to explore Beijing. Housed in a series of pavilions, some of which date back over a century and were originally used by guests of the Palace awaiting an audience with the Empress Dowager Cixi, the resort provides easy access to such cultural landmarks as the Great Wall, The Temple of Heaven, the hutongs and the Forbidden City.
Stay three nights at Aman at Summer Palace as part of ‘The Palace and a Village’ and enjoy:
- - Daily breakfast for two
- - A private guided tour of the Summer Palace
- - A private guided tour of the Forbidden City (half day)
- - A one-hour Chinese massage for two
- - Return airport transfers from Beijing Airport
...and a Village
Hidden in a picturesque valley, Amanfayun enjoys a timeless setting surrounded by tea fields, natural forest, quaint villages and a pilgrimage circuit of seven significant Buddhist temples. The property is comprised of 47 dwellings, an extensive Aman Spa and a number of atmospheric eateries. This secluded retreat lies to the west of West Lake, a UNESCO World Heritage Site on the outskirts of Hangzhou, and is only a 20-minute drive along bamboo- and tree-lined avenues from the city centre.
Stay three nights at Amanfayun as part of ‘The Palace and a Village’ and enjoy:
- Daily breakfast for two
- A private guided tour of Longjing Tea Village & Nine Creeks
- A private guided tour of Lingyin Temple
- A one-hour reflexology treatment for two
- Return transfers from Hangzhou Airport or Hangzhou Train Station