Amankora will host a special eleven-night cycling expedition between its five lodges, capped with Bhutan’s Tour of the Dragon race on 7 September. Considered one of the most challenging cycling races in the world, the Tour of the Dragon is a one-day mountain bike race that will take participants 268 kilometres from Central Bhutan to Western Bhutan, with elevations of 1,200 – 3,340 metres across four mountain passes.
Nestled high in the Himalayas, Bhutan’s dramatic landscape ranges from snow-capped peaks and deeply forested slopes to raging, boulder-strewn rivers, making the Kingdom one of the world’s most beautiful natural environments. This eleven-night adventure will take participants into the heart of this ancient Kingdom, offering cycling tours and sightseeing between Amankora’s five lodges.
Itinerary - Eleven Nights
• Thimphu: 2 nights • Punakha: 2 nights • Gangtey: 2 nights
• Bumthang: 3 nights • Race Day to Thimphu: 1 night
• Thimphu for Celebration Dinner or transfer to Paro: 1 night
Eleven-night adventure includes:
• All meals and house beverages, laundry and airport transfers to and from Paro Airport.
• Tour of the Dragon entry fee, race day support and one cycling jersey per participating guest.
• Race day wrap party at Amankora’s Thimphu lodge with the Amankora race team.
• Two complimentary sports massages per participant.
• Visa processing, Druk Air flight reservations and ticketing assistance.
30% OF THE PROCEEDS WILL GO TO WORLD WILDLIFE FUND – SAVE THE TIGER BHUTAN INITIATIVE AND FOR CERVICAL CANCER CARE AT THE THIMPHU GENERAL HOSPITAL