Amankora will host a special ten-night cycling expedition between its five lodges, capped with Bhutan’s Tour of the Dragon race on 5 September. Considered one of the most challenging cycling races in the world, the Tour of the Dragon is a one-day mountain bike race that will take participants 268 kilometres from Central Bhutan to Western Bhutan, with elevations of 1,200 – 3,340 metres across four mountain passes.
Nestled high in the Himalayas, Bhutan’s dramatic landscape ranges from snow-capped peaks and deeply forested slopes to raging, boulder-strewn rivers, making the Kingdom one of the world’s most beautiful natural environments. This ten-night adventure will take participants into the heart of the Kingdom, offering cycling tours and sightseeing between Amankora’s five lodges.
Itinerary - Ten Nights
• Thimphu: 1 night • Punakha: 2 nights • Gangtey: 1 night
• Bumthang: 3 nights • Race Day to Thimphu
• Thimphu for Celebration Dinner: 1 night • Paro: 2 nights
The cycling adventure includes:
• All meals and house beverages, laundry and airport transfers to and from Paro Airport.
• Tour of the Dragon entry fee, race day support and one cycling jersey per participating guest.
• Race day wrap party at Amankora’s Thimphu lodge with the Amankora race team.
• Two complimentary 60-minute leg and foot massage per participant.
• Visa processing, Druk Air flight reservations and ticketing assistance.
30% OF THE PROCEEDS WILL BE DONATED TO SUPPORT THE WORLD WILDLIFE FUND’S ‘SAVE THE TIGER’ BHUTAN INITIATIVE.